Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm Back....

Sorry for the 6+ week layoff, but the move to Colorado and getting settled in has made me neglect my blog. A lot has happened since then so I'm trying to knock out a few tid bits to recap...

-Duke holds off cinderella Butler in an extremely exciting NCAA Championship game. Gordon Haywood= Adam Morrison, Wally Sczerbiak or Kyle Korver?

- Big Ben dodged another bullett by not getting charged with rape but did get suspended at least 4 games and possibly as much as 6 games if he doesn't adhere to counseling

- The JaMarcus Russell Era is over in Oakland...I think they did it to promote 30 for 30's 'Straight Outta LA'

- Lefty wins the Masters with the aid of the greatest shot I've ever seen live in a golf tournament on that stage. I put it ahead of Tiger's chip in five years ago. Tiger then preceded to miss the cut in the next tourney and then withdraw during the final round with a neck injury. Two days later, Hank Haney leaves him. Has there been a rougher 6 months for a elite professional athlete in terms of an image?

- My Bulls got bumped in 5 by the Cavs who now are down 3-2 to the Celtics. Lebron is looking for real estate in and around Chicago (starting the rumor now) while Wade has already purchased a luxury condo downtown last year. Although with his crazy soon to be divorced wife around Chicago, he may not want to move there.

- Los Suns are dealing on everyone and are my new favorite team for the playoffs. I'm fully on the bandwagon. I would love a Orlando-Phoenix Finals and watch Vinsanity shrink more from the moment than Lebron did last night, Nick Anderson in the 94 Finals or Karl Malone and Patrick Ewing...well in every moment of their careers.

- The Hawks quit worse on their coach than half the team on East Dillon (FNL reference). If the Bucks had a healthy Bogut, they win that series in 5 and push the Magic to 6 games.

- The NFL draft happened. 3 out of the top 4 picks were Sooners (now lighting myself on fire after our 8-5 record last year) and my Broncos traded 3 picks for one to draft Tim 'Virgiah' Tebow (half virgin and messiah, sarcasm...and now pouring gasoline on my already on fire body). Claussen fell to the middle of the 2nd round while the Browns, Seahawks, Ravens, Cowboys, Broncos(minus tebow), and Panthers all had excellent drafts. Good news from the draft...I saw McCoy's gf in high def...very nice

- The Cubs suck...again...end of story

- The Big Ten is talking expansion. Rumor has it that Nebraska, Mizzou, Rutgers and good ol ND are the four teams they are looking at. Nebraska won't leave the Big 12, Mizzou might, ND wants to be special in football, and Rutgers has the best chance. Notre Dame, Iowa St, and Missouri make the most sense to add but we'll see.

- World Cup is a month away and the nations named their 30 man prelim rosters. Davies was left off sadly while still recovering from that horrific car wreck. More on world cup in the coming weeks especially from Dat Boy.

- Did I mention the Bulls have a legit chance at Lebron and Wade now? Just checking


Stay tuned to my next post, which will be all about weather...

Peace
Jim Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment